Justin and I had our first date night since returning to Europe! It was soooooo fun spending time with just us two and doing things we normally wouldn’t have done. Here are some things I did that I normally wouldn’t do on a daily basis (if ever):
1. We went to a movie!! We both really didn’t like it at all. It would have been fine if we went out to the movies all the time, but what a waste of our one movie a year we go to!!! If you have a chance to see ONE movie, don’t see Burn After Reading! Ew.
2. I put on fake eyelashes!! Katie and Bandna, you would be proud. It took me FOREVER to get them on right. And taking them off hurts like a mother. Justin didn’t even notice, but I did keep pointing them out to him!
3. I straight ironed my hair and wore it down. I am lazy bones and normally throw it up right away as I can’t be bothered by it.
4. I matched my bra and undies! (haha, too much information maybe, but it never happens. French women would be horrified at my lack of matching!!!!)
5. I would like to say that I wore the cute little shoes I was planning on wearing, but I opted for the converse due to having to bike everywhere for transportation (and my cute boots are packed away somewhere in the states… why I didn’t bring those over, I do not know).
We had a great time on our date. After our movie we biked around looking for a place to eat and ended up at a teeny (only three tables) little trashy Indonesian place that we heard amazing things about. Then we went to one of our favorite places to get hot chocolate. The cafe is in an old church and has really fun artistic food and drinks. Then we biked to our friends house to pick up baby goo goo. She was happy to see us (yay!), but also had a lot of fun with some of her favorite friends in Holland!
I wish I had pictures, but my batteries were dead in my camera. Bummer because I don’t know when the next time I will be wearing fake eyelashes will be. Oh well! They were for Justin anyways (even though he didn’t notice). 🙂