I know that I haven’t written on my blog much. I always get a bit preoccupied with the family when I am around them! As you may or may not know, we are in Colorado right now. Here are some highlights from the trip so far!
1. People in Colorado are a bit strange. Sorry to all you of you people from Colorado!!! Don’t get me wrong, some people we have found to be very nice (and we even have a couple friends from Colorado), but the majority are just a bit on the weird side. So far, at two different stores, the workers followed me and my sister (and our two girls) around acting as though we were going to shoplift at any moment. I have also found that people are just not very friendly or up for random conversation. I am just not used to that. Wait…yes I am. I lived in Paris. I guess I just expected people to be friendly (whether fake or not), like us Americans are known to be!
2. My armpit hair is out of control (I think that is disgusting as you might as well). It is as simple as the fact that I keep forgetting to put the razor in the shower and hate the idea of getting out soaking wet to grab it. There is nothing worse than forgetting something while showering and getting water all over the place while trying to get it. My armpits have paid the price.
3. Maisie has actually been on a schedule since coming here!!! It is honestly a miracle! She has been in bed between 9 and 10 at night EVERY night and has woken up (like a normal child) between 7 and 9 in the morning. EW!!!! The morning part is hideous, but the nighttime part is GLORIOUS!!! It is exciting to say the least. The frustrating part is that we are leaving for France in a few days and this schedule will be non-existent once we get there. Phooey.
4. So yes, we leave for France on the 21st. YAY! We will be in Europe till mid February. We will possibly visit Madrid, Spain and also Amsterdam. We aren’t sure yet. It is going to be hard because we are trying to figure out what to sell and what to keep and ship and all that junk. Hard stuff.
5. I don’t have my computer. We left it in Portland and I miss the little guy. It has been hard for me to write on Justin’s computer. We don’t like sharing.
6. Maisie gained a pound finally!!! She is up to about 18 pounds now (I think). I took her to the doctor and her scale was broken!!! So I did the old get on the scale with and without the baby to see the difference in weight. So about 18 pounds it is! Maybe it was 19…. I don’t know. I am horrible at those things! Speaking of…people still ask me the questions I should know right away like how tall she was or how much she weighed when she was born or when she started walking. I really don’t know. I feel bad and can’t believe I don’t know, but I don’t. So don’t ask and make me feel bad. I do know how to put her to sleep and her favorite songs and foods and what makes her laugh and where she is ticklish. That is more important, right???
7. Justin and I went to a little counseling session up in the mountains here. It was really great. We are super thankful for our organization to provide people to support and encourage us. We are still undecided about a lot, but I think that God is bringing us together and showing us how we already are together on a lot that maybe we didn’t realize. If that even makes any sense.
So anyways, we are having a good time. I love my family. My niece and nephew are amazing and my sister and her husband are our bestest friends! So yeah, we are having a great time!
And finally, I don’t have a picture from the trip for you, but I do have this sign to a restaurant that we drove by in Portland. Interesting, no???