One of the funniest things to me about the French are what they wear when they workout. Tonight we saw a woman jogging in a pair of slacks, a sweater, and of course a scarf! No, she wasn’t running to catch the bus. She was running with a running partner (who was also wearing a strange workout outfit consisting of some capri cargo pants and a sweater… not as bad, but still a bit strange).
Speaking of strange, today when I was trying to find Justin in a big (well, big for Paris) music store I decided to tune my ears to a normal American sound. “What sound,” you ask? The sound of a sniffing nose. Europeans consider it rude to sniff, just like us Americans would consider it rude to blow our nose at the dinner table or anywhere in public. So anyways, I followed the sound of the sniffing nose and found Justin! I was so proud of myself! By the way, it isn’t that he was sniffing abnormally loud, it is just that French people are unusually quiet in public places, so the combination of Justin’s sniffing and the quiet French helped me succeed in my mission to find him!
As far as other updates on our time here:
1. We are done with all the shipping drama! The movers came this morning to pick up our stuff!
2. We love the little studio we are staying in, but man is it small for three people to live in (who have been sick). Maisie has even begun walking in circles for fun and we think it is because she doesn’t have much room to walk around! Also, lots of crumbs in the bed that are almost driving me mad!
3. We are almost over being sick! YAY!!!! Just a bit of a cough still!
4. We are LOVING walking again. That is what I miss the most about living here, so it is so fantastic to get to walk everywhere again! And the best part is that walking means lots of quality time for me with Justin and Maisie!
5. It is great to see our old friends! There has even been friendships revived while being here. It has given me a lot of life and I am thankful for our time here so far, especially now that I am not sick anymore!
Like always, we miss the people that we are away from. One of the hardest things about moving around so much is that you always leave behind friends or family or both wherever you go. That part really sucks.
Justin and Maisie are singing and dancing and playing guitar together right now. Why are they the cutest? They are.
OH! I have important news! I think Maisie’s hair is starting to have little curls!!!! This is so exciting for me because I had little curls when I was a baby and MAYBE, just MAYBE this is one thing she will get from me! Well, besides the cha! hee hee hee!